Monday 17 June 2013

Roll up!

My lovely sister was over at the weekend. I love my Saturdays with my big sis! We made tapas and other snacks for lunch - chorizo in red wine, red pepper Spanish omelette, lemon houmous and breads, since you ask. Sis brought homemade sunflower bread and it was YUM! :)

She also helped me to sort out my craft brain (see previous post re too much inspiration and not enough focus) so I am thanking her by custom-making a make-up brush roll for her holidays. Sis picked the materials from my stash -Cath Kidston cowboy print and some red and white polkadot - and I started working on it the next day. 

It's a pattern I tweaked from an old edition of 'Craft Seller' magazine and basically you need to cut two pieces of fabric measuring 21 x 30 cm and one piece of 16 x 30 cm (for the inside brush pocket).


It's actually almost done with just the final slipstitches needed to close it. I'll post more when it's done but here's a sneak preview of the button I made from the cowboy fabric and one of those self-cover buttons. 


Can I get a big YEEEEEEEHA!!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment